Company: Saab, Inc.
Location: Syracuse, NY
Summary: Our client, a growing company serving government, industry, and commercial customers with world-leading products, services and solutions in defense and civil security is recruiting for a Subcontracts Manager. The Subcontracts Manager must be results-oriented, dynamic and possess proven success in a similar role in order to support the rapidly growing North America Central Procurement team.
The Subcontracts Manager will execute and manage high-dollar and highly complex procurements. They will be responsible for the procurement and administration of Subcontracts for supplies, services, construction, and research and development in support of government, commercial and international contracts. In addition, they will manage the solicitation and evaluation of vendors; evaluation of subcontract price proposals; negotiation and award of subcontract; and administration and termination/close-out. The Subcontracts Manager will review contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, prime contract specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements.
- Supplier Identification, Screening, Selection, and Approval
- IR&D and Engineering support
- Work across multiple sites and international coordination
- Conducting Flow Down Analysis to ensure compliance to customer requirements (FAR/DFARS, FAA, International requirements)
- Creating SOW’s with cross-functional Input
- Determining requirements that are appropriate to ensure regulatory compliance and to mitigate risk
- Issuing RFI’s & RFQ’s and ensuring receipt of complete information
- Participating in Proposals for Material and Labor
- Executing Subcontracts, Inter-divisional Work Transfer Agreements, NDA’s, Leasing agreements, and Long Term Agreements
- Writing Contracts Letters and maintaining comprehensive legal records in compliance with USG Certified Purchasing System Requirements
- Negotiating all aspects of Subcontracts including Price, Delivery, and Terms & Conditions
- Facilitating rhythm meetings and driving actions to closure
- Leading resolution of technical and programmatic supplier issues
- Tracking and expediting all Subcontracts including deliveries, SDRL’s, updates, and close-outs.
- May assist with Metrics, Reporting, Continuous Improvement, and other Strategic Initiatives
Skills And Experience:
- Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CCM, CFCM, CPCM)
- Advanced Purchasing experience- comprehensive understanding of fundamentals, building orders in an ERP system
- Experience with contracting methods and types
- Analytical thinking and problem solving- ability to apply sound judgement and creativity
- Communication / Interpersonal Relationships
- Financial Acumen- ability to determine cost reasonableness
- USG, DoD, or FAA contracts experience
- Cross-functional experience in Quality, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Program Management.
- Continuous Improvement (Black Belt, Green Belt)
- Leadership and Presentations
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) with immediate vesting on match
- Minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- 5 Floating holidays
- 8 Paid holidays
- 3 Weeks sick time
- Tuition Reimbursement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com