POSITION: Senior Digital Marketing Director
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA or Remote
SUMMARY: Our client, a growing consulting firm is looking for a dynamic Senior Digital Marketing Director to lead, maintain and execute strategic and core digital marketing programs and initiatives. This role provides vital support with creating and maintaining consistent digital marketing initiatives across multiple entities.
The candidate for Senior Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for leading and managing all digital programs for all corporate entities. This will include website CMS development and management of all digital content; developing and managing online (digital) assets and materials and creation of digital marketing campaigns in coordination with the marketing team; providing regular reporting and analysis on website and all digital platform performance; execution of thought leadership digital distribution, and collaboration with internal stakeholders, clients and other vendors to maximize performance across paid and owned marketing channels. This role will be highly engaged and collaborate with executive leadership, business unit leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and all functional support teams including marketing, communications, business development, proposals, contracts, finance, human resources, IT, and any other key stakeholders require creative support.
This position requires strong executive presence and verbal / written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, responsible, and confident with a commitment to integrity. Must possess high attention to detail, be very organized and able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and effectively lead a team of digital marketing professionals.
This position may be required to manage, guide and train direct reports and third-party consultants. Some travel may be required for meetings or events.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and execute digital marketing strategies
- Direct selection of and manage relationships with digital marketing vendors and marketing technology platforms and/or solutions to support omnichannel marketing
- Recommend, implement, and optimize digital campaigns, tactics and practices to meet/exceed strategic objectives for SEO, SEM, paid promotions / ads, display ads, email, webinars, virtual conferences, etc.
- Lead and maintain website development and content projects and updates
- Oversee delivery of timely and accurate data/reports on campaign results and optimizations to direct ongoing and future campaign strategy
- Develop campaign tracking and/or tag management strategy and processes, leveraging marketing technology platforms and/or vendors to optimize data collection of consumer responses to digital marketing initiatives.
- Identify and test emerging web and mobile-based technologies, digital advertising channel opportunities and industry trends and best practices.
- Acting as digital marketing SME, collaborate with others marketing teams on opportunities in areas such as online advertising, digital reputation, SEO, Product Marketing etc.
- Coordinate, manage, drive and participate in promotional activities
- Collaborate with BD team and Business Unit leaders to create compelling digital demand generation content and offerings that align with corporate and business unit growth strategies
- Responsible for coordinating and distributing digital collateral (website, email, social media) for external stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Conferences, tradeshows and events graphics and branding
- Facilitate digital ideation and concept meetings/brainstorming sessions with stakeholders across the business
- Provide strong digital direction and feedback
- Report on the progress of each digital project and stage of development and to leadership
- Develop and maintain digital asset management system
- Manage digital platform vendors, including social media platform hub, website vendor, etc.
- Establish budgets and timelines for short-term and long-term projects, plan tasks accordingly, and ensure goals, deadlines and budgets are met
- Lead digital services team, set goals, and ensure work product meets and aligns with corporate, business and functional unit objectives
- Assist with brand refresh, website redevelopment and ongoing digital visual identity maintenance, etc.
- Ensure digital visuals, messaging, and interactive elements of a project are properly aligned with the creative vision and brand standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with managing digital services teams or programs
- Skilled in digital production, website development (including HTML coding preferred) and content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with conceptualizing and creating multimedia assets, such as video and digital infographics
- Have an in-depth knowledge of digital campaign design, development and management across multiple channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software programs preferred Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionality
- Provide strong verbal and written communications
- Effectively communicate creative concepts and respond quickly to business needs
- Ability to develop and execute strategic approaches and concepts
- Experience with managing staff and third-party vendors
- Ability to create and maintain an environment that encourages team members to reach their full potential
- Coach and develop team members and report against performance standards and ensure employee engagement ensuring positive work environment
Organization and Soft Skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to establish strategies and make decisions
- Use project management and communication skills to manage, organize, and prioritize initiatives and multiple projects to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and be strategic, creative, and innovative in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Proven ability to “surge” level of effort in times of need (i.e. when the company is helping its clients manage through a disaster, emergency, or other crisis)
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Possess energy, passion, and a desire to deliver innovative, successful solutions for internal and external clients
- Ability to effectively train and develop staff
- Quick-thinker and highly responsive
- Facilitate productive relationships and flow of ideas
- Understanding and ability to diagnose and promptly report issues in need of escalation
- Interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Communications, Business or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Years of Experience: 2-5 years leading digital marketing programs and teams (preferably for professional services) firm and a minimum of 7-10 years digital marketing and communications experience in professional services industry and/or marketing agency.
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org