POSITION: Proposal Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA or Remote
SUMMARY: Our client, a growing consulting firm is hiring for a reliable and talented Proposal Manager who will support all business units, with a primary focus on our Recovery / Public Assistance business unit.
As a Proposal Manager, you will work collaboratively with the business development, capture, marketing and proposal teams, as well as the business unit leads, subject matter experts, finance, contracts, human resources and other stakeholders to develop winning proposals, qualifications, and interview presentations.
You will lead, manage, and develop proposals, including strategy, writing/editing, graphic design / visual layout, compliance, QA/QC, schedules, production, debriefs and other related tasks. You will be an integral part of helping to form and transform best practices, processes, and developing / maintaining best content libraries and resources.
You will also play an integral role in the capture process and develop cohesive proposal plans that maximize our opportunity for winning selected pursuits. You will help guide and support strategy discussions that involve determining win themes, SWOT analysis, client and competitive analysis, differentiators, etc.
The qualified individual requires executive presence, strong verbal and written communication skills and should be self-motivated, responsible and confident with a commitment to integrity. You must possess high attention to detail, be very organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with minimal supervision.
You may be required to manage, guide and train other direct reports. Some limited travel may be required to effectively manage a pursuit and/or for team meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This role works independently as a member of the proposal team and reports to the Proposal Operations Lead. The candidate will perform the following essential functions:
- Lead and manage proposal related tasks including but not limited to:
- Analyzing solicitation requirements and developing a compliance matrix; creating annotated proposal outline with writing assignments; developing proposal management plan (for large pursuits); leading proposal kick-off, status and production meetings; defining expectations and assigning roles and responsibilities for pursuit; and creating / managing proposal development/production schedule.
- Assisting capture manager and/or business unit lead and SMEs with developing proposal strategy, including win themes and differentiators.
- Ensuring proposal tasks and deliverables are completed within allotted schedule, including drafting/editing content, scheduling color, quality and compliance reviews, print production and delivery.
- Contribute to writing/editing/rewriting efforts to include researching subject matter resources and interviewing subject matter experts for required proposal content development.
- Write and edit resumes and project descriptions specific to RFPs.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining a centralized best content proposal library and repository of resumes, project profiles and descriptions, case studies, etc.
- Assist with developing, managing and administering the go/no-go and proposal management and quality control processes, toolsets and systems.
- Support the capture and proposal pipeline process by entering / updating data points related to pursuit, client account, contacts, etc. in CRM as needed.
- Manage surge support staff or third-party support, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complete all required compliance training on an annual basis
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: (i.e. dependable, self-directed, goal-oriented, ability to effectively communicate complex information, Emergency Management / Disaster Recovery industry knowledge preferred, specific technical programs needed, etc.)
- Familiarity reviewing and understanding solicitation (RFP, RFQ, RFI) requirements and developing proposal schedules and assignments.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local government procurement processes and proposal forms.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM and data management databases.
- Ability to assist in developing strategic approaches and concepts.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Detail oriented with exceptional writing, editing, and document formatting and organization skills.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with the ability to evaluate data sets to determine trends, establish strategies, and make decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionality.
- Use project management and communication skills to manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task as well as be strategic, creative, and innovative in a dynamic, fast paced matrix team environment.
- Proven ability to “surge” effort in times of need (i.e. when the company is helping its clients manage through a disaster, emergency, or other crisis).
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Diagnose and promptly report issues in need of escalation.
- Provide guidance, management support and peer reviews to junior staff as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 7 or more years of experience in the planning, preparation, and production of proposals and qualifications packages for government and private clients.
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org