POSITION: Proposal Coordinator
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA or Remote
SUMMARY: Our client, a growing consulting firm is hiring of a reliable and talented Proposal Coordinator to support their proposal team. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will work collaboratively with the proposal team to assist with developing winning proposals, qualifications, and interview presentations.
You will also assist with competitive research, developing com lead, manage and develop proposals, including strategy, writing/editing, graphic design / visual layout, compliance, QA/QC, schedules, production, debriefs and other related tasks. You will be an integral part of helping to form and transform best practices, processes, and developing / maintaining best content libraries and resources.
The qualified individual requires strong verbal and written communication skills and should be self-motivated, responsible and confident with a commitment to integrity. You must possess high attention to detail, be very organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with minimal supervision.
Some limited travel may be required to effectively support a pursuit and/or for team meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This role works independently as a member of the proposal team and will initially report to the VP of Marketing or Proposal Director. The candidate will perform the following essential functions:
- Analyze solicitation requirements and develop compliance matrices
- Create annotated proposal outlines with writing assignments
- Develop proposal execution/management plans
- Assist and/or lead proposal kick-off, status and production meetings, defining expectations and assigning roles and responsibilities for pursuit
- Assist and/or lead creation of proposal development/production schedule
- Assist proposal manager, capture manager and/or business unit lead and SMEs with developing proposal strategy, including win themes and differentiators.
- Ensure proposal tasks and deliverables are completed within allotted schedule, including assisting with drafting/editing content, scheduling color, quality and compliance reviews, print production and delivery.
- Contribute to writing/editing/rewriting efforts to include researching subject matter resources and interviewing subject matter experts for required proposal content development.
- Write and edit resumes and project descriptions specific to RFPs.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining a centralized best content proposal library and repository of resumes, project profiles and descriptions, case studies, etc.
- Support the capture and proposal pipeline process by entering / updating data points related to pursuit, client account, contacts, etc. in CRM as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complete all required compliance training on an annual basis
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: (i.e. dependable, self-directed, goal-oriented, ability to effectively communicate complex information, Emergency Management / Disaster Recovery industry knowledge preferred, specific technical programs needed, etc.)
- Familiarity reviewing and understanding solicitation (RFP, RFQ, RFI) requirements and developing proposal schedules and assignments.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local government procurement processes and proposal forms.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM and data management databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Detail oriented with exceptional writing, editing, and document formatting and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionality.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced matrix team environment.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, Business or relevant major preferred.
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years of proposal coordination or administrative experience.
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com