Website Plug Power
POSITION: Power Engineer, System Solutions
LOCATION: Albany, NY
SUMMARY: The Power Engineer is responsible for the specification, design, integration, testing and continual support of high voltage & specialty electrical equipment for the power distribution or process control of PEM electrolysis based hydrogen generation systems. This position requires close interaction with the cross-discipline engineering, manufacturing, construction, and service teams to ensure developing design efforts are coordinated with active implementations as well as meet all relevant codes & standards. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple assignments and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced product engineering organization.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as engineering team’s Subject Matter Expert on all high voltage equipment such as transformers, rectifiers, power supplies, and switchgear
- Develop electrical system requirements, electrical schematics, harness drawings, 1 line drawings, and field wiring diagrams
- Develop electrical component specifications then identify and lead interactions with vendors for respective equipment
- Create procedures for manufacturing and service as need for validation or continued operation
- Create accurate, complete, and concise engineering documentation within the company’s document control & management of change system
- Perform root cause analysis as needed, including writing test plans and documenting results that can verify issues found in prototyping or the field
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify and correct problem root cause.
- Strong teamwork a must.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner in all interactions; support the philosophy of the organization to provide high-performing technology to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in requirements, priorities and schedules.
- Some travel required to support supplier qualification and equipment commissioning.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Three plus years relevant experience work experience.
- Working knowledge of high voltage equipment such as transformers, rectifiers, power supplies, and switchgear required
- Experience with electric codes (NEC, UL, NFPA, IEC) preferred.
- Experience with hazardous area equipment and codes (NEC, ATEX, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with specifying and troubleshooting controls hardware preferred.
- Experience reading Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) preferred.
- Must be capable of working independently, in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a supreme commitment to quality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org