Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Our client is hiring for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer to play a vital role in the development and refinement of quality metrics in manufacturing processes and procedures. The MQE is tasked to identify opportunities for ongoing improvement and to achieve the highest possible levels of product quality and manufacturing efficiency. By engaging effectively with cross-functional partners within the business, this role drives manufacturing improvement projects and educates stakeholders related to manufacturing best practices, process improvements and cost reduction opportunities. The MQE will monitor the quality of incoming raw materials and work with suppliers to identify and eliminate quality defects. All efforts and initiatives within the role are gated to increase the output capability of the manufacturing facility, reduce manufacturing waste, reduce manufacturing cost, and yield the highest levels of product quality to further the reputation of the Company.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of company products and related manufacturing objectives and constraints.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by monitoring and implementing quality programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from technicians.
- Develop enhanced manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing quality methods and quality tools; conferring with equipment/raw material suppliers.
- Acts as a champion and driver for Lean/Six Sigma best practices while applying teachings and methodologies with the course of project work; provides training to others.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout; Develops industry standard quality metrics, tracking, visual presentation, and reporting.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Supports supplier quality initiatives by thoroughly understanding part/component needs and limitations; drives expectations of performance with suppliers and addresses issues that arise.
- Champions and facilitates the engineering change process and all relevant communication/documentation.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in engineering — mechanical, electrical or industrial.
- Six Sigma green belt/black belt preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of related quality work experience; experience within a high-tech manufacturing operation is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of helping to drive manufacturing quality improvement projects.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex methodologies to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Uncompromising dedication to product quality.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org