POSITION: Manager – SEC Reporting
LOCATION: Latham, NY
SUMMARY: The Manager, SEC Reporting is responsible for the review and preparation of quarterly and annual SEC financial reporting to include Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and earnings releases
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with SOX, SEC and other local standards and requirements
- Preparation and review of external financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for SEC reports including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, in compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all required SEC financial statements and other SEC filings.
- Assistance with quarterly and annual earnings release, investor decks, audit materials and other internal and external communications as appropriate.
- Assistance in the preparation of other financial statements for various reporting obligations
- Assistance coordinating financial-related external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture audits etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Coordinate with external auditors and serve as a key contact in the annual audit process.
- Manage supporting documentation(s) from various parts of the company to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Collaborate with departments and managers regarding the reporting processes and information required for proper and timely disclosures
- Maintain an awareness of company products, services and the related regulatory environment to effectively manage and comply with all regulatory reporting requirements and disclosures
- Maintain an in-depth understanding and analysis of significant transactions to assess their impact for SEC disclosure purposes.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with business transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions with business teams to assess the accounting treatment of new, emerging, or changing business activities in the US and internationally.
- Represent company in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience
- SEC reporting experience with a publicly-traded company
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Thorough understanding of the SEC Reporting process and timeline
- Advanced Excel skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex financial metrics to diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Uncompromising dedication to customer service excellence
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org