POSITION: Director – SEC Reporting
LOCATION: Latham, NY
SUMMARY: The SEC Reporting Director will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of all publicly filed financial statements.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the planning, preparation and review of external financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for SEC reports in compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Manages external auditors for financial statement audits and reviews
- Leads the internal controls and SOX implementation process
- Leads all facets of financial reporting including Annual Form 10-K, Quarterly Form 10-Q, Form 8-Ks, etc.
- Leads the completion and presentation of the Quarterly Earnings Release, and Investor & Board presentations.
- Leads technical research and assists with establishing accounting policies and procedures required for new pronouncements or new areas of business for the company
- Oversees analysis of complex transactions and determination of appropriate US GAAP treatment
- Lead continuing efforts to improve accuracy and efficiency in financial reporting across the company
- Consults with senior leadership for all areas of financial reporting and SEC compliance
- Develops strong partnerships with key stakeholders and other departments regarding required financial reporting-related deliverables
- Develops and oversees the implementation and management of certain SOX related controls over the financial reporting functions
- Coordinates with a cross-function team from Accounting, Finance, Legal, and Investor Relations to prepare disclosures.
- Leads technical research and assists with establishing accounting policies and procedures required for new pronouncements or new areas of business for the company.
- Stays current on new reporting and disclosure requirements and ensures accurate compliance.
- Assists with other materials such as investor presentations.
- Participates in continuing efforts to improve accuracy and efficiency in financial reporting across the company.
- Coordinate with external auditors and serve as a key contact in the annual audit process.
- Participate in discussions with business teams to assess the accounting treatment of new, emerging, or changing business activities in the US and internationally.
- Represent company in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of direct reporting to the SEC and public accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Big 4 public accounting experience (highly preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex financial metrics to diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Uncompromising dedication to customer service excellence
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Must be driven and self-motivated
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org