United Cerebral Palsy
POSITION: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Utica, NY
SUMMARY: Our client, United Cerebral Palsy of Utica, NY, is seeking to fill the role of Chief Financial Officer. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will play a critical role in developing and implementing a financial strategy for the agency. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will work collaboratively with other team members and serve as advisor on all financial affairs of the agency. The CFO will oversee the day to day operations and financial affairs and will not only provide oversight, but must have a roll-up your-sleeves approach to engage in routine responsibilities that may involve evaluation and monitoring of fiscal activities such as accounting, auditing, billing, budgeting, payroll, compliance, contract management and risk management.
Coordinates and monitors staff performance. Optimizes patient and cash flow and promotes fiscal performance. Implements and ensures accountability and quality systems. Supports revenue cycle operations and is responsible for assessment of front end operation, subsequent recommendations to improve revenue outcomes. Reviews, monitors and assists in explanation of monthly revenue performance against budget and benchmark criteria, prepares revenue analysis to maximize reimbursement and responsible for development of annual budget. Communicates revenue performance to point out trends and influence decision making on identification of improvement opportunities and help leadership with strategies within the agency.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees development of annual staffing, operating expense and capital budget.
- Monitors office budgets in expenses, FTE and overtime.
- Facilitates the implementation of additional services to the community (i.e. medical service contract)
- Performs ROI analysis to monitor profitability of additional and existing services.
- Monitors provider productivity.
- Monitors procedures to ensure effectiveness of cash flow cycle.
- Manages oversight and completion of all performance reviews and HR functions, including: recruitment and retention of staff, compliance with HR policies, resolution of personnel issues, and fostering a cooperative work environment that promotes professional growth.
- Manages and oversees quality of service, including functioning as the Administrative facilitator for quality initiatives, serving on operations and compliance committees, serving on committees for the implementation of new finance software or forming design committees, and working with regulatory and auditing entities to resolve negative impacts to workflow and impediments to utilization.
- Supports and promotes good community relations through participation on committees, projects, etc.
- Promotes internal and external customer service, and addresses complaints.
- Facilitates meetings, works collaboratively with the implementation of new initiatives, and assists leadership in the development of the strategic plan for the agency.
- Participates in activities as part of the management team that may include meetings, attending and/or conducting trainings, and participating in community meetings as requested.
- Establishes a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the agency’s culture, values and mission.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of finance operations, including contract rate negotiations and outcomes management. Demonstrates clear understanding of billing practices and effective A/R practices.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Finance or related field (Master’s Degree Preferred) and five (5) years of experience in Finance leadership.
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel) and experience with Microsoft GP Dynamics and Millen preferred.
- Travel is required. Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
- Job related tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue, or spills or splashes from these substances, but exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at sites.
- OSHA Exposure Category II
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require work during evenings, weekends.
- Must have fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Upstate Cerebral Palsy as of today has over 2,000 employees at over 80 locations and is an organization dedicated to “Empowering People Through Exceptional Opportunities.” They have received several prestigious awards — awards that recognize the high quality of care Upstate Cerebral Palsy provides as well as praise for the sound business practices of the Agency.
From serving the first seven children with Cerebral Palsy in 1950 to the thousands of people it serves today, Upstate Cerebral Palsy has remained focused on its initial purpose; providing support to people with differing abilities. It has grown from a clinic for children with cerebral palsy into a comprehensive system of programs and services focused on meeting a variety of needs for people of all ages, empowering people through exceptional opportunities each day!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com